(not a very good picture)
This is the latest project I've started. Another baby quilt. But this one is a little smaller. I bought one yard of fabric of both the top and backing fabric, intending to square it up. Lining up the selvages of both fabrics together, I cut 3 inches of the selvage off. That squared the one yard fabric!
Then laying it all out, fabric, batting, and lots of pins, I attached it to the quilt frame.
In looking at this fabric and imagining how to stitch it, I imagined quilting between the flowers, almost edging them. But after starting with that idea, I found that after the first few rows of stitching, it looked rather dull on the back; mostly wiggly lines from one side to the other. 
The next few rows, I decided to be more exaggerated and extend the stitching a little more up and down around the flowers. 

It may be hard to see, but the stitches go around the flower and up to another flower, then back down again. I think this'll look good not only on the top, but the design on the back will be a little more pleasing, too.
One thing I like about making a little bit smaller quilt is that it gets done a little faster! As any quilter knows, there's always another idea for the next project lurking in the back of your mind while you're working on the current one.

0 comments: